Cleaning up spills and drips on kitchen cabinets is easy but finding a method and product that removes grapes from a variety of food preparations takes time (especially if you are tackling a painted surface).
To see which one would clean my cabinets the best, I tested four cabinet cleaners: two spray formulations, a plant product, and a conventional oil soap. Here is what I learned, along with instructions for cleaning greasy cabinets at home.
My kitchen storage was reorganized, and I was able to cut the time it took to unload the dishwasher in half. While I am enjoying our room again, my number one kitchen concern is the state of the cabinets. I used to regularly spray and scrub surface stains and drips, but my multi-surface cleaner routine was no longer working. Grime, grease, and spills were still present after each cleaning.
I wanted to come down from the clouds and test a few methods and items for reviving kitchen cabinets after three months of daydreaming about painting them.
You Will Require
- Your preferred cleaner
- A tooth brush or a small scrub brush
- a bowl
- A dry, clean cloth
- Choose your cleaner: If you have not read my official product review, please do so before proceeding with these measures. I discovered that Murphy’s oil soap cleans better and leaves a silky, refreshed finish.
- Plan your blend: Spot stains from drips and spills by diluting oil soap in a tub of warm water. Repeat with a toothbrush or a small bucket poured into a tub. Repetition is essential.
- Hardware scrub: Scrub the hardware edges of your cabinets.
- Scrub out hard-to-reach areas: Use your brush to get into your nooks and cracks, especially your cabinet faces. If your cabinet face is more complicated, removing accumulation may be a more difficult step.
- Clean cabinet surfaces: Using your preferred cleaner, spray or wipe the cabinet front one at a time. Wipe each one down with your cloth.
- Go inside and wipe down the sides of each cupboard and door.
- Repeat as necessary: Repeat until all fingerprints and fat spots have disappeared!